Structure and function
On the occasion of The Saint Andrew's Day (The Bear Day) on November 30, employees of the Parks Directorate visited Vasil Levskihigh school in the town of Apriltsi and delivered a lesson in the form of a talk about the brown bear. The school's 3rd grade children took part in the activity.Read more >>
After a complete repair in September and October this year of the Byala Reka eco-trail its official opening became a fact. The event was attended by the Deputy Minister of Environment and Water Nikolay Sidzhimov, the Mayor of Kalofer Dragomir Boev, the Deputy Mayor of Karlovo Municipality Anton Minev, experts from the Ministry of Environment and Water and the Central Balkan National Park Directorate and partners.Read more >>
Оn the occasion of St. Andrew's Day, the Park Directorate received a gift - a collage on the theme "The bear, known or unknown"
Today, the Orthodox Church honors the memory of St. Apostle Andrew the First-Called, who was the first of the apostles to be called to follow Christ.Read more >>
The Green Olympics 2023 - the educational eco-initiative with the support of the Ministry of Education and Culture - is starting
The initiative has been organized since 2011 by Akademika BG and is annually supported by the Ministry of Environment and Water. The platform is active for registration and test solving from today, November 10, 2023 to December 10, 2023. The winners will be announced on December 14, 2023.Read more >>
The 3rd of November has been designated as the International Day of Biosphere Reserves in 2021 by a Decision of the UNESCO General Conference.Read more >>
Today marks the 32nd anniversary of the declaration of the Central Balkan National Park.Read more >>
The events took place on October 20 in the village of Anton and on October 21 in the town of Karlovo under the title Central Balkan Biosphere Reserve - Common future for people and nature. The places are not chosen randomly, because the two settlements are administrative centers in two of the five municipalities of the transition zone of the Biosphere Reserve.Read more >>
On Saturday (October 7) in the space in front of the Tourist Information Center of the city of Troyan, the second festival event took place under the title "Common Future for People and Nature", organized by the Central Balkan National Park Directorate, supported by the Municipality of Troyan.Read more >>
Celebrated annually on October 4, World Animal Day is a global social movement that aims to improve animal welfare standards. This momentous day sees the coming together of individuals, animal welfare organizations and the wider community, all working towards a common goal – better protection and care for all animal species that inhabit our planet.Read more >>
On Sunday (October 1) in the central city square in the city of Sevlievo, the festival event under the title "Common Future for People and Nature", organized by Central Balkan National Park Directorate, supported by Sevlievo Municipality.Read more >>
The Central Balkan National Park Directorate celebrates 40 years since the declaration of the Severen Dzhendem reserve.Read more >>
Today, September 30, one of the reserves in the Central Balkan" National Park - Severen Jendem turns 40 years since its announcement.Read more >>
And this year, in support of the initiative "Let's clean up Bulgaria in one day, employees of the Central Balkan National Park Directorate" and volunteers cleaned parts of the Park's visitor infrastructure.Read more >>
In connection with the 40th anniversary of the declaration of the "Northern Jendem" reserve, the "Central Balkan National Park" Directorate announces a competition for children's drawing, under the title "Four seasons in the Central Balkan".Read more >>
The movement, stay and parking of motor vehicles is temporarily restricted on the road Troyanski prohod - Dermenka hut in the National Park
Restricted access is introduced on road No. 12 Troyanski prohod locality - Dermenka hut for visitors to the NPCB with motor vehicles (including ATVs and UTVs of all classes) for the purpose of tourism, allowing the movement of up to 10 motor vehicles per day, only on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.Read more >>
The road rehabilitated under the Operational Program "Environment" from the Beklemeto area to the Dermenka hut was officially opened
On August 10, a ceremony was held for the official opening of the road that connects the high mountain pass "Beklemeto" with the "Dermenka" hut in the "Central Balkan" National Park.Read more >>
1. Director of the CBNPD – one;
2. The General Administration is structured in Administrative, Financial and Legal Activities Directorate (AFLA) – 8.5 people including AFLA Director AFP, Senior Accountant, two Senior Experts, four Chief Specialists and 0.5 pc. (half-time) Genitor, appointed under Council of Ministers Ordinance No 66/1996.
3. The Specialised administration (a total of 62 people) is structured in Biodiversity, Control and Guarding Directorate (BCGD), led by the Director of BCGD, with the following sections and unit formed:
- 3.1. Biodiversity, Plans, Programmes and Projects Department (BPPP) comprising of eight staff people, including Chief of Department BPPP, three Chief Experts, two Senior Experts and two Junior Experts;
- 3.2. Control and Guarding Department (KG) comprising of 44 staff people, including Chief of Department, six Chief Inspectors, four Senior Inspectors, three Junior Inspectors, 15 Chief Experts, 11 Senior Experts and four Junior Experts).
- 3.3. Mobile Park Guarding Unit comprising of three Chief Experts and one Senior Inspector. Five employees (Chief Specialists) appointed under the Council of Ministers Ordinance No 66/1996 support the operations of the Department CG.
1. Park Section Teteven – includes parts of the lands of the villages Divchovoto, Cherni Vit, Ribaritsa, with an area of 12,620 ha;
2. Park Section Troyan – includes parts of the lands of the villages of Chiflik, Beli Osam, Balkanets, Cherni Osam, with an area of 10,778 ha;
3. Park Section Stokite – includes parts of the lands of the town of Apriltsi, the villages of Kruvenik and Stokite, with an area of 8,976 ha; 4. Park Section Tuzha – includes the lands of the villages of Manolovo; Tuzha; Asen; Skobelevo; Osetenovo; Gabarevo; Turnichane; of the town of Pavel Banya, with a territory of 9,476 ha;
5. Park Section Kalofer – includes the lands of the town of Kalofer, the villages of Vasil Levski, Sushitsa, and town of Karlovo with an area of 9,044 ha;
6. Park Section Karlovo – includes parts of the lands of the villages of Sushitsa, Anevo, Iganovo and Cherni Osam and the towns of Karlovo and Sopot, with an area of 10,419 ha;
7. Park Section Klisura – includes parts of the lands of the villages of Iganovo, Pevtsite, Karnare, Hristo Danovo, Rozino, of the town of Klisura, of the village of Anton, and of the town of Pirdop, with an area of 10,272 ha. 1.5.2. Personnel – functions The functions, tasks and structure of the CBNPD hav