Structure and function
The Annual Plan is approved with an order of the Park`s Director.Read more >>
The center for a one-day rest is located in Troyan Park Section, close to the Haydushka pesen hut. It is called 'Kozya stena", by the name of the Kozya stena Reserve. The recreation center has an interpretative part, information signs, outdoor classroom and benches.Read more >>
Employees of the Park Directorate participated in the campaign "Let's clean Bulgaria together" with collecting of household waste and refreshment of visitor infrastructure.Read more >>
Relevant Measures to Prevent the Spread of African Swine Fever in the area of Central Balkan National ParkRead more >>
The Central Balkan National Park Directorate has concluded a contract for the implementation of Activity 6 "Conservation of Treeless Natural Habitats by Repair and Restoration of the Road Beklemeto - Dermenka Hut".Read more >>
The Uzunbudzak Biosphere Reserve covers a considerable part of the Strandja Mountain (over 78,400 ha). It is one of the most interesting and rich biodiversity regions in Bulgaria and Europe. Its territory is a natural transition between the vegetation, flora and fauna of Europe and Asia because of the terrestrial connection that existed until about 7,500 years ago at the site of the present-day Bosphorus Strait. The flora of the biosphere reserve is characterized by a large number of species that were widespread during the Tertiary (Tertiary relics). The wildlife is also remarkable for its great diversity of species. The populations of many of them are of global, European and national importance.Read more >>
The closing session of the Summer University under the UNESCO program "Man and the Biosphere" was held at the Information and Cultural Center of Troyan on the 26th of July. The event was opened with a greeting from the deputy Mayor of Troyan municipality - Bistra Cholakova.Read more >>
The fifth edition of the International initiative was opened on July 22nd in the hall of the Municipality of Karlovo with welcome notes by the deputy mayor of the Municipality of Karlovo Stoyko Karagenski, the Director of the National Nature Protection Service of the MOEW Miroslav Kalugerov, the Permanent Representation of UNESCO in Bulgaria Hristo Georgiev, Director of Central Balkan National Park Gencho Iliev, the Executive director of the Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation Rumyana Ivanova and proff. Michael Scoullos from the Greek National Committee of Man and the Biosphere Program of UNESCO. All of them greeted the young professionals from around the world who will be studying for a week on topics related to the successful development of biosphere reserves.Read more >>
1. Director of the CBNPD – one;
2. The General Administration is structured in Administrative, Financial and Legal Activities Directorate (AFLA) – 8.5 people including AFLA Director AFP, Senior Accountant, two Senior Experts, four Chief Specialists and 0.5 pc. (half-time) Genitor, appointed under Council of Ministers Ordinance No 66/1996.
3. The Specialised administration (a total of 62 people) is structured in Biodiversity, Control and Guarding Directorate (BCGD), led by the Director of BCGD, with the following sections and unit formed:
- 3.1. Biodiversity, Plans, Programmes and Projects Department (BPPP) comprising of eight staff people, including Chief of Department BPPP, three Chief Experts, two Senior Experts and two Junior Experts;
- 3.2. Control and Guarding Department (KG) comprising of 44 staff people, including Chief of Department, six Chief Inspectors, four Senior Inspectors, three Junior Inspectors, 15 Chief Experts, 11 Senior Experts and four Junior Experts).
- 3.3. Mobile Park Guarding Unit comprising of three Chief Experts and one Senior Inspector. Five employees (Chief Specialists) appointed under the Council of Ministers Ordinance No 66/1996 support the operations of the Department CG.
1. Park Section Teteven – includes parts of the lands of the villages Divchovoto, Cherni Vit, Ribaritsa, with an area of 12,620 ha;
2. Park Section Troyan – includes parts of the lands of the villages of Chiflik, Beli Osam, Balkanets, Cherni Osam, with an area of 10,778 ha;
3. Park Section Stokite – includes parts of the lands of the town of Apriltsi, the villages of Kruvenik and Stokite, with an area of 8,976 ha; 4. Park Section Tuzha – includes the lands of the villages of Manolovo; Tuzha; Asen; Skobelevo; Osetenovo; Gabarevo; Turnichane; of the town of Pavel Banya, with a territory of 9,476 ha;
5. Park Section Kalofer – includes the lands of the town of Kalofer, the villages of Vasil Levski, Sushitsa, and town of Karlovo with an area of 9,044 ha;
6. Park Section Karlovo – includes parts of the lands of the villages of Sushitsa, Anevo, Iganovo and Cherni Osam and the towns of Karlovo and Sopot, with an area of 10,419 ha;
7. Park Section Klisura – includes parts of the lands of the villages of Iganovo, Pevtsite, Karnare, Hristo Danovo, Rozino, of the town of Klisura, of the village of Anton, and of the town of Pirdop, with an area of 10,272 ha. 1.5.2. Personnel – functions The functions, tasks and structure of the CBNPD hav